Book Review

the crowded shadowsThe Crowded Shadows

By Celine Kiernan

As the second book in the epic Moorehawke Trilogy, I believe it is even better than the first.

In this book, we follow our young heroes on their quest to save the kingdom. The set off into the forest, searching in vain as they continue their search for the Rebel Prince, the kings son you is going against the king and has run off with kings former friend, Oliver.

But, just as things started going smoothly, the infamous Loupes Garous, also known as The Wolves, a group of treacherous thugs, threaten to kill them. So, with the Wolves on their tails, they must seek the help of Christopher’s former allies, The Merron People.

So, with the help of the Merron, will our little group make it to the Rebel Princes lair? …

Oh. This book just takes the breath from me, it is so good. I have read it three times, just like the first book. But, unlike book 1, this book is set in the forest, not the castle. In this book, there is not much courtly behavior, but you grow to love the characters more and more as read on. This book is more about romance and danger, an interesting combination.

I would really like to know if you have read this book, and if so, did you like it and what would you rate it out of ten?

This is a book for older readers, perhaps 12 – 17, but if you are old enough to enjoy this book, I am sure you will love it!

One thought on “Book Review

1. Hi Alice,

Your well structured book reviews would persuade even the most reluctant readers to try this trilogy. Well done Alice!

Mrs F